So I have a report, actually a set of reports that has a header section that needs to be printed on some pages and not others. I have all the charts and graphs placed so that everything fits perfectly on letter landscaped. Problem is that we don’t want to see the header parts on the screen between each section, only when it is in a PDF or printed…
I stumbled across this gem =IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.IsInteractive = True, True, False)
commit that one to memory! It is awesome. At first I was trying to selectively set visibility based on data elements or on format type = PDF etc…
I considered using the ‘header’ section, but we have different stuff on the header sections, and well, it just got all too messy.
So one of my issues currently is that we have a variety of reports that are delivered in a variety of manners. Some are PowerPivot reports displayed in Excel Web Services, others are simple SSRS Reports, and others still are Performance Point Dashboards that display a variety of datasets in a variety of data formats. When built and displayed online these all perform well, however, we are unable to attach a simple, common printing functionality to any of these.
Now admittedly, with the push to ‘Green’ up processes, our goal is to minimize printing. However, not all our clients and consumers live online or infront of their devices all day long. In requirements gathering, printing is one of the peices of functionality that was over-looked and/or assumed by not really stated. So we are at a junction, and I am in the cross hairs. I have to find a solution that supplies users with, at minimum, the ability to print to PDF. For the SSRS Reports, this is generally very easy, but for the Excel Web Services Reports and the Performance Point Reports, it is not so simple.
At this point, I am very close to replacing everything we built in other technologies with SSRS Reports and just being done with it. Another option may be to build a middle teir print to PDF, that can be inserted onto each and every page and deliver that report to the consumer.
I love a good Challenge, except when it comes to my arch nemisis, Printing…
My next challenge is to adapt this for my own purposes. I am planning on replacing the provided dojo popup layer with a layer from LyteBox. In the popup layer, I want to provide charts, SSRS Reports, links and more; perhaps even some pictures when they are provided by the data source.
If I am successful with all this, I may try some of the other tutorials they provide, like consuming ad-hoc data on the map and adding mulitple layers defined in ArcMap. For example, I still don’t really have clustering sorted out in my head…
Project in progress.
Regarding this first Project in Progress, we picked up a variety of tools, not the least of which were:
$26.00 PORTER-CABLE Bare Tool Detail Power Sander
$54.00 PORTER-CABLE Bare Tool 1-Degree 6-1/2-in Cordless Circular Saw
We also got some Saw horses (need to build a work bench or 3 very soon!).
Erika let me take the lead on the measuring and cutting with the new Power Saw.
We worked together on the drilling and screwing (get your mind out of the gutter Mom! Then Erika took the lead with the wood filler, the sanding, priming and painting, which she has told me WILL BE DONE TODAY!
Our new Console Table has been a Console Tables and Plans by Skill Level -> Stater Project and click Apply” target=”_blank”>great starter project. We are confident we will get close to the example and really geeked up to start the next one.
I have to say I have the little wifle unit that could. She’s an awesome cook, does an alright job with the kids and keeps up the house now that she is not killing herself for a paycheck, and is quite skilled with the power tools and paint brush (see also her painting inspired by Z-Gallerie!). All in all she’s a keeper.
wish her luck in painting in the garage today. Who knows we might have some more pics up by dinnertime!